Some of these questions will be appropriate only for older, or younger children or certain cultures, but I thought it might help some who are stuck with things to talk about. So I compiled a list of as many questions I could think of about school.
If anyone has some other questions about school, please leave them in the comments for us to add to this list!
QUESTIONS ABOUT SCHOOL
- What grade are you in?
- What is your teacher like?
- What is your favourite subject?
- What is your least favourite subject?
- How many children go to your school?
- How many kids are in your class?
- Is there more than one grade in your classroom?
- What subjects are you taking?
- Do you enjoy school?
- How do you get to school?
- Are you friends with your classmates?
- Do your siblings attend the same school as you?
- What time does your school start at?
- What time does your school day end?
- Is the homework hard?
- Do you get a break during the day to play?
- What games do you play at recess?
- How long does it take you to get to school?
- Do you walk (bike, etc?) to school alone, or with someone?
- How long do you spend on homework each day?
- Does your school have any sports teams?
- Does your school have a library?
- How many days a week do you go to school?
- When are your school holidays?
- What is the name of your school?
- When do you write your exams?
- Which subject is the easiest for you?
- Which subject is the hardest for you?
- What types of discipline are used in your school?
- How old are you when you start school?
- How old are you when you graduate?
- Are the expectations for education the same for both boys and girls?
- Do your parents, teachers, and you have the same expectations about your education?
- Is there further education, such as a university, available in your town?
- How many kids sit at each desk in your class?
- Do you sit in rows, or in a circle?
- Do you have a class pet?
- Does your school have a mascot?
- What was your first day of school like?
- Do you think you will you miss school when you graduate?
- Give me an example of a math question you are learning how to do.
- What is the most interesting fact you have learned in school?
- Do you use pencil, pen, chalk, or crayons the most?
- Is bullying a problem in your school?
- What do you do, if anything, if you see a classmate being bullied?
- If you could learn more about anything in school, what would you want to learn the most?
- Do you go on school field trips?
- Do you do science experiments in school?
- Do you have computers in your school?
- Do you wear a uniform to school, or your regular clothing?
- What does your school uniform look like?
- Does your school have a playground?
- Do boys and girls play together at school?
- Do boys and girls sit together at school?
- How can I pray for your school?
Click here for 35 Questions to Ask about Family & Friends
To Read 70 Questions to Ask Your Sponsored Child about Culture, Community & Country, Click Here
|Drawing by Genoveva, age 8, Ecuador|
Click here to sponsor a child through Compassion USA for $38/month