50 Things That Made Me Smile - Part 3

Part 1 of this post is located here: CLICK ME!
and Part 2 is located here: CLICK ME!

These are some quotes from letters that made me smile.  Some because they are sweet, some are humorous, and some for no particular reason at all.  The ages are the child's age at the time of writing, not their age now. 

1.      It is with a broad smile on my heart to have you as my correspondent and bosom friend. ~ Epher, 23, Kenya (LDP Student)
2.      Life in Kenya is so beautiful; we have wonderful scenery, wild animals, and friendly people who love visitors from other countries. ~ Irene, 9, Kenya (Former Sponsored Child)
3.      My best friend is special because she and I talk, comb, share our dolls and love each other. ~ Genoveva, 6, Ecuador
4.      My best friend is special because she shares her pencil with me when I do not have one. ~ Naomi, 7, Ghana
5.      My family is very happy to hear that you love them, and they love you too, so much. ~ Esperance, 11, Rwanda
6.      My little sister is now 7 months old. She is still a baby and she likes to laugh a lot. I saw the first teeth of my little sister on June 19th and that is why my mum has told me that I have to buy her a sweat suit. This is the belief that many people practise here in my country, because I saw her teeth I will be like her godmother. ~ Keila, 12, Bolivia
7.      My mum travelled away for work and I am staying with my grandma. She is very affectionate with my 2 brothers and me. I love my grandma a lot. My 2 brothers miss my mum a lot. ~ Keila, 11, Bolivia
8.      My parents are doing fine and they pray for you every now and then. ~ Erickson, 11, Kenya
9.      My sister is already 5 months old and she is very small. My cousin calls her little smurf and my brother calls her little dwarf. ~ Keila, 12, Bolivia
10.  My test result in December are pretty satisfying. ~ Cris, 13, Indonesia
I am Carlos the new tutor of the boy Franklin, he writes and greets you and together we are going to write this letter because the boy asked me for help. ~ Franklin, 8, Honduras
11.  My two brothers are very good to my grandma and they love her a lot. ~ Keila, 11, Bolivia
12.  Naomi says she has learnt about “Myself” at school and she likes it because it is a very interesting topic. ~ Naomi, 6, Ghana
13.  November is the winter month of the year.  ~ Guguloth, 18, India
14.  Now it is the rainy season here and I will get up from bed at 5:00am in the morning while hearing the sound of the bell from the temple and the voice of the cock's cuckoo.  Then, after washing my face, I will study till I go to school.  I have my breakfast at 7:00am. ~ Thineshka, 12, Sri Lanka
15.  Now, let's go, answering your little questions.... ~ Caua, 10, Brazil
16.  One thing I really like to do is take a bath  ~ Franklin, 6, Honduras
17.  People ride horses in Uganda at the zoo. ~ Zaina, 13, Uganda
18.  Remember, I love you. ~ Olga, 11, Bolivia
19.  Right now it is the rainy season where I live and sometimes it is so windy and so cold. However, sometimes it is hot. ~ Cris, 10, Indonesia
20.  Someday I would like to meet Helen Johnson, president of Liberia ~ Sandra, 9, Togo
21.  Thank you for praying for me to the good God. I love you so much. ~ Habineza, 8, Rwanda (Brother of Esperance)
22.  Thank-you for calling me “Prince”. It makes me feel big. ~ Victor, 9, Ecuador
23.  Thank-you for complimenting my beauty. Over here, it is a custom for girls to have our ears pierced when we are two weeks old. ~ Naomi, 7, Ghana
24.  The current weather where I live is hot. My favourite weather is cold because I like to play, walk, and do many things without sweating. ~ Victor, 8, Ecuador
25.  The doctor told me I'm in good health and should not eat candy. ~ Genoveva, 7, Ecuador
26.  The nickname I have for your baby is “Miracle.” ~ Zaina, 14, Uganda
27.  The teacher I like best at school is Mr. Anaful because he always gives me a gift. ~ Naomi, 6, Ghana
28.  There are dragonflies where I live and they are famous. ~ Pamela, 15, Peru
29.  There is great news from me: Now, I am a big girl!  My puberty ceremony was held recently, which was grand.  My parents and relations are very happy and my friends too!  I got some presents.  This was the first ceremony in my family.  ~ Thineshka, 12, Sri Lanka
30.  This year I am planning to create a documentary of my life in compassion and Christ and my life in general using a few clips that I will get. I have learned some editing skills which I would apply in it. I know it will take time and commitment. Pray with me that I achieve. When I will finish it I will share it with you. ~ Epher, 24, Kenya (LDP Student)
31.  We are experiencing some hot weather with randomly little rainfall, ~ Atta Kuma, 14, Ghana
32.  We celebrate Christmas almost the same way that you do, just that it is hot here and I prefer to drink delicious soda or eat ice cream rather than drink hot chocolate. We always eat fruit cake. ~ Linda, 10, Peru
33.  We celebrated Father's Day. Everyone celebrated their fathers. We also celebrated my father. And we baked a delicious chicken and my father got really happy. ~ Olga, 10, Bolivia
34.  We celebrated Raksha Bandhan. I tied a Rakhi on my brother's wrist and he gave me money. ~ Kajal, 11, India
35.  We do not practice daylight savings but I know of savings groups and table banking. ~ Epher, 23, Kenya (LDP Student)
36.  We had a happy Easter, and we believe you had a happy Easter. ~ Symeon, 15, Rwanda
37.  We have enough leaves here. ~ Thineshka, 11, Sri Lanka
38.  We went on a field trip to Los Molles pool in April. It was very fun. We picked a Mr. And Mrs. Camp, and also we had a basketball and swimming competition. We also played with a rope in the pool, we played on the slide and we got baptized with the name of Penguins. We got painted and they filled us with sawdust and made us kiss a sheep on the head. Then they threw us in a pool of dirty sand. ~ Keila, 12, Bolivia
39.  When I`m in church, I like to read. ~ Estevenson, 12, Haiti
40.  When it is cold I play a lot with my friends. ~ Naomi, 5, Ghana
41.  When we lose our teeth we dig a hole in the ground and keep them inside the hole and cover them so that the new tooth may come at the earliest.  ~ Kajal, 11, India
42.  Where we fetch water is near our house and not on Cyohaha lake because it is too far to fetch it there. I am not yet known to swim in that lake. ~ Esperance, 10, Rwanda
43.  Yes, we have big grey birds in Ghana  ~ Atta Kuma, 11, Ghana
Some people in Rwanda know their birth date, but many people do not know it.  ~ Esperance, 10, Rwanda
44.  Yesterday I celebrated Mother's Day and I made a very pretty gift for my mum. I made a nice napkin holder. ~ Linda, 9, Peru
45.  You ask "How are me and my family?"  Well, we're fine, M’aam. ~ Clara 14, Philippines
46.  You asked me many questions which I want to answer. If I don't have enough room I will write on the back of this paper. ~ Linda, 9, Peru
47.  You make me laugh, it is like when my father tells jokes and we have a lot of fun. ~ Victor, 8, Ecuador
48.  My dear sponsor, I love you so much. See you next time. ~ Tsigereda,19, Ethiopia
49.  Our cow has no name because in our culture we name a cow when it gives birth and has a new baby cow. ~ Esperance 12, Rwanda
50.  Thank you very much for sending my pictures. I look very nice. How do you think I look in that picture? ~ Victor, 9, Ecuador

 

Click here to sponsor a child through Compassion Canada for $41/month or
Click here to sponsor a child through Compassion USA for $38/month

Comments