|Drawing by Clara in the Philippines|
Recently (or not so recently to be honest, it was over a year ago now), I wrote a letter to each of my kids/teens/young adults and told them about this blog. Then I asked them to answer some questions for it. There is a total of 5 Questions and I will post one a day for the next 5 days!
#1. What would you like someone who is considering sponsoring a child to know?
- It is good for the sponsor to know whether the child they are considering has parents or not. ~ Zaina, 15, Uganda
- That there are many poor children in many countries and near my house there are many children that can't go to school. ~ Chokchai, 10, Thailand
- I am glad that there are people who are thinking about sponsoring children. I would like to tell you that different children have different needs. ~ Linda, 11, Peru
- When someone sponsors a child, he/she is helping the children in need. They facilitate them to reach their dreams and help them, and also they help them to develop their life. Cris, 13, Indonesia
- Sponsorship is something very special, because for children that live in poverty it is a great blessing that God uses people with good hearts to provide help to the children that need it. ~ Franklin, 8, Honduras
- It is worth it to invest in a child’s life. The program is committed to improving all areas of our lives. ~ Caua, 11, Brazil
- Sponsoring a child is investing in heaven, because whoever is going to do it will give hope to the child, their family, and even the coming generation. Children are the hands we use to touch heaven. ~ Epher, 24, Kenya (LDP Student)
- I want to inform sponsors that your support is changing our lives, and I encourage you to continue your good deeds, as I and my family are living witnesses in this regard. ~ Tsigereda, 19, Ethiopia
- When one wants to sponsor a child, it is fun. ~ Erickson, 12, Kenya